The earth is warming, from the South Pole to the North Pole, at a very fast rate. The surface temperature has increased by 1.6 degrees Fahrenheit (0.9 degrees Celsius) since the year 1906. Perhaps, you have already heard of some of the global warming effects, such as shifting precipitation patterns, melting of sea ice and glaciers, and migration of animals.
We all feel the effects of global warming. Therefore, everyone has to take the necessary steps to counter it. As a manufacturer, you have to adopt eco-friendly operations if you are planning to take part in countering the many effects of global warming and environmental pollution.Below are some of the tips you need to make your manufacturing facility eco-friendly.
- Recycling Waste from the Manufacturing Facility
Every production facility produces waste that can escalate environmental pollution and global warming problems. The great news is every manufacturer can start recycling the waste to make the globe greener and the best place for all of us. Here are some of the ideas you need to start recycling the waste from your facility.
- Work with the recyclingfacilitieswithinyour area. Theywill help yourecycle the waste The wastemightbe in form of electronics, glass, or even printing cartridges.
- Instead of releasing the wastewaterfromyourfactoryinto the environment, reuseit for otherpurposes like watering plants and washing.
- Identifysome of the companiesthat can use the wastefromyourfactory as theirrawmaterials. If yourmanufacturingcompany uses wood to makeitsproductsthen one type of waste to expectiswoodchippings. Paper-makingcompanies use woodchippings as one of theirrawmaterials.
One great thing about recycling is that the waste from your factory might be a raw material for other manufacturing companies. If there are no firms that can recycle the waste directly, work with a recycling facility in your area. They will help you recover some of the waste materials.
- Work with the Eco-Friendly Suppliers
Your efforts in countering global warming can have a small impact and fail to address the whole problem. However, you can make a big impact if you worked with other players within your supply chain. It is important you start working with eco-friendly suppliers alone.
When choosing a machinery or raw materials supplier, choose those who have adopted strategies to cut down carbon footprint. That way, you will have taken a bigger step towards countering the global warming effects.
- Upgrade YourMachinery
If the machines in your production facility, such as conveyors and motors, are old or failing, then they are possibly less efficient. You might do everything necessary to keep them running in the right shape, but their efficiency will continue declining with time.
One of the long-term effects of such equipment is higher energy consumption, which might take a large portion of your profits. In extreme cases, it might sink your company into making losses. By upgrading your facility, you will go green in the following ways.
- Updatedmachinery and new technologywill help increase the productivity of yourcompany.
- Modern machinerywillallowyou to implement automation in the manufacturingfacility.
- It will help youenhance
- Work with the Other Stakeholders
As you work to promote a green supply chain, extending the influence to other key stakeholders is important. It is more important if you do not have the time to participate in activities like take care of wild animals or planting trees.
Ural Mining Metallurgical Company (UMMC) is among the companies that have joined hands with other stakeholders to make the world a better place. The company headed by IskanderMakhmudov uses RUB 3 billion annually in environmental protection.
As a manufacturer, one of your obligations is to make the world the best place for all of us. One of the best ways to do that is by promoting sustainability. Above are the tips you need to make your factory eco-friendly, profitable, and efficient.