Wildlife sanctuaries are a perfect excuse to take a break from the city life without going too far from the city. There are many places in the United States that are reserved forests for different species of animals and birds. These are turned to wildlife sanctuary parks for humans to spend some time in nature and with nature animals.
Other than bird watching and feeding the animals, there are places like the Yellowstone Bear World where you get to enjoy oodles of fun activities and events. Before you begin your trip, it would be wise to check the list of activities and events happening in that month so that you can plan your trip to make the most of it.
How to make the most of time at the wild life sanctuary:
- Most sanctuaries love to invite visitors to share their love and bond with animals. If you wish to make the most of time at the wildlife sanctuary, plan your visit well.
- Take all the necessary tools like a good camera, binoculars, and extra batteries so that you don’t miss any opportunity of the sight-seeing.
- Some sanctuaries work on donations and it would be great if you can contribute a little for the welfare of the centre and the animals.
- Animals are the most innocent beings on the plant. All they need is love and care. Ask your guide if you can interact with them, feed them, and spend some time with the animals. There are animals like Bears, Cervus elaphus, Mule Deer, American Bison, and more that are safe to interact with.
- Most sanctuaries have a gift store where you can buy some souvenirs and memories of the place. It is good to buy something from the sanctuary as a part of the profit goes for the animal welfare and sanctuary maintenance.
- Learn the difference between farm animal sanctuaries and wildlife sanctuaries. In farm animal sanctuary, animals like pigs, goats, dogs, cats, and other similar animals are domesticated.
- Some sanctuaries also offer accommodation, tour guides, forest walk, and nature sight-seeing all in a package. It can be a fair deal if you wish to make the most of planned journey at the sanctuary.
For more details on a specific wildlife sanctuary you have in mind, it would be wise to check their official website or call their customer care to know more.